[Koha] Summary of Docs Discussion

etome-nsr at mail.korksoft.com etome-nsr at mail.korksoft.com
Thu Sep 16 15:50:03 NZST 2004

Not so long ago, a person or two started a discussion about Docs...
below is requested summary/notes from the offlist documentation conversation....
a little late (email hiccup on my part).
[Those of you interested in the working-space for the formal manual, for some
reason it seems to be offline, tho' Mike's server is up.  Mike? :) please
help??! : ) Thanks]

---------
(Excuse the choppy-ness of below - the discussion wandered a bit.)
A formal manual and most likely some other goodies do indeed "belong" in the
docs/ dir for 2.0

The set in that dir (should) get(s) updated as part of the official-release
process and should be generated from the wiki Mike Reavey's currently hosting,
creating a docs set frozen with a Koha official release.

The earlier, original Koha wiki is more a tool for development notes (being less
rigid - the one Mike hosts is designed for documentation in XML/SGML).  The
working "online" help effort lives there as well [this is Paul's really good
idea!).

The manual wiki is very rough, and is a draft at best.  Login info for those
interested is available -- please drop me a line (more a function of keeping us
from blowing up Mike's machine with our enthusiasm!).

Whitepaper/installation/etc type contributions, plus long life stuff like
architectural notes etc should eventually have a presence at the manual-wiki
site.

At the moment, useful material lives at:
the Skemotah.com site (which archives the migration notes,etc for us right now)
the Koha wiki
Koha.org (but NOT the manual there, it is for pre 2.0 versions)
------
As usual, thanks to everyone who loans us hosted-space,

Nick
..your (hopefully briefly) tool poor docs person.