[Koha] Koha on Mandrake 10...

MJ Ray mjr at dsl.pipex.com
Wed Sep 8 11:19:33 NZST 2004

On 2004-09-07 18:06:06 +0100 James Asis <gekigan_flare at hotPOP.com>
wrote:

> [Wed Sep  8 00:28:56 2004] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] client denied
> by server
> configuration: /usr/local/koha/intranet/htdocs
>
> Something to do with Group and User settings on httpd.conf? Or (more
> likely)
> it's somewhere else

That looks like it might be some <Directory />...</Directory> section
in your main httpd.conf that doesn't allow apache to serve files from
/usr/local/koha. You can either try to fix it, or install koha's web
files (intranet and opac) somewhere that the apache config does like
(maybe /var/www or /home). If this is a Mandrake default, it would be
good to know what is a safe suggestion.

> a BLIS student wondering why his university library is in the process
> of
> building its own Java-based ILS instead of considering existing
> open-source
> ILS like this one *sigh*

I'd guess it's "you don't have to pay for the koha code, so it can't
be any good," right? There are still people who think like that and
some universities can be slow to change while others are early
adopters and experimenters... oh, and don't forget language bigotry.
I'm a schemer comfortable with a reasonably good perl solution, but
people from the "big OO" languages seem afraid of using systems in
other languages IMO.

Visit the AFFS stand, .org village LinuxExpoUK, 6-7 Oct