[Koha] Sample data for version 2.0.0

Baljkas Family baljkas at mts.net
Tue Sep 7 17:30:48 NZST 2004

Tuesday, September 7, 2004    00:24 CDT

Hi, Benjamin, Scott, et al.,

With due deference to Scott and iblist re sample data

> Subject: Re: [Koha] Sample data for version 2.0.0
>
> I could not find good sample data for it, but I think you can get
> records in MARC format from the library of congress
> (www.loc.gov).  It didn't work when I tried, but others reported
> good results using it.

-- I wouldn't think iblist worth pursuing given the records it provides.

LC should be working okay. The archives have info on solutions to various problems others have encountered (mostly to do with settings in Koha scripts).

You can also join NLC's Amicus for free and search and download records in batches. Even with some of the junk in it, you would certainly be getting better quality MARC records than with iblist.

Also, unless Dave Bigwood has rescinded his offer from weeks ago, he was providing a quality MARC dataset for the asking.
That would seem to me something worth following up on.

Just my two cents.

Cheers,
Steven F. Baljkas
library tech at large