[Koha] Importing data into MARC

Andres Tarallo tarallo at ort.edu.uy
Wed Sep 1 09:59:22 NZST 2004

We're currently finishing our mapping to import our database (CEPAL
catalog in DOS/ISIS) to Koha. We have a question, and we want to know
the best solution to feed data for bulkmarcimport.pl.

Our library has two databases. The first one has a detailed description
of  each title avaliable in the library; this database has one record
for each title we have, no matter how many copies of it we have.  The
second one has all the purchase information, in this database you have
one record for every copy of a book you have. Both databases are releted
via a pointer in the first one that references the records of the second
one.

Now, we don't want to lose information and we're facing that many of our
books have many copies, so we want to know whats the best way to build
our MARC records, A record with full information from both databases for
each book we have?

Thanks for your feedback

         Andres