[Koha] MARC tag structure

Stephen Hedges shedges at skemotah.com
Sat Aug 21 01:06:32 NZST 2004

Library said:
> I have another question  that if i set some tags after data entry..do i
> able to modify previous records with new defined tags.
> and
> if i delete some tags then do i lost the data entered in that tags in
> previous records.

The MARC tag structure has nothing to do with what data you have saved on
your system.  It only controls what data is displayed on your system.  So
when you change the MARC tag structure, you might see different data.  But
none of your data has been changed unless you do edit biblio.  (In other
words, MARC tag structure cannot change your MARC data.)
--
Stephen Hedges
Skemotah Solutions, USA
www.skemotah.com  --  shedges at skemotah.com