[Koha] Problems with subject searching

Michael Watson thornswabbler at earthlink.net
Tue Aug 10 14:22:32 NZST 2004

I am working with Koha 2.0.0. Subject searching doesn't seem to be working.
When I try an "Advanced Search->Search on Subject" in the opac, I get zero
retrieval, even when I know for certain that I've created items in the
catalog with that subject.

I'm wondering if the problem is that I need to define mappings in
parameters->links koha MARC Db. I see a message there saying that if I change
the link between a MARC subfield and a non-MARC field, I need to run the
misc/rebuildnonmarc.pl script. But when I try to do that, I get an error
message that says that the script can't locate C4/Content.pm in @INC (error
message follows).

./rebuildnonmarc.pl
Can't locate C4/Context.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.1/
i586-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.1 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.1/
i586-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.1 /usr/lib/perl5/
site_perl /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.1/i586-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/
perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.1 /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl .) at ./rebuildnonmarc.pl
line 10.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at ./rebuildnonmarc.pl line 10.

I know the location of the C4 directory, which does contain a Context.pm. This
seems like some kind of path error--the directory containing this module
evidently isn't stored in @INC. I tried pushing it there by adding a line to
readuilbnonmarc.pl, but that didn't work. Does anyone know what the problem
might be?

For what it's worth, I've run into some path problems previously with Koha on
SuSE Linux 9.0 professional.

Mike Watson