[Koha] z39.50 searches (newbie question)

Bigwood, David bigwood at lpi.usra.edu
Tue Aug 10 02:56:48 NZST 2004

Probably not with the barcode on the back of the item either unless you have done some programming on the reader. The code on the back of the book is the International Article Number. It  contains the ISBN but adds a prefix and then changes the last digit of the ISBN, the check digit. It would be possible to drop the 1st 3 numbers scanned and then recalculate the check digit, but it is not the default on most readers.

Sincerely,
David Bigwood
bigwood at lpi.usra.edu
Lunar & Planetary Institute