[Koha] Some questions on Koha and MARC

Steven F. Baljkas baljkas at mb.sympatico.ca
Mon Aug 2 14:36:05 NZST 2004

Sunday, August 1, 2004     21:30 CDT

Hi, Stephen,

Thanks for the rapid response.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Stephen Hedges" <shedges at skemotah.com>
To: "Steven F. Baljkas" <baljkas at mb.sympatico.ca>
Cc: "Joshua Ferraro" <jferraro at athenscounty.lib.oh.us>;
<koha at lists.katipo.co.nz>; <baljkas at mts.net>
Sent: Sunday, August 01, 2004 7:14 PM
Subject: Re: [Koha] Some questions on Koha and MARC

> Steven F. Baljkas said:
> <snip>
> > At the time, I was intending to delineate the complete MARC21 field
> > structure, but then I thought (erroneously?) that it wouldn't be
available
> > for anyone actually to use so what would be the point.
>
> Steven, do you mean you were trying to get all 1,150 MARC tags and
> subfields that are defined in Koha 2.0 to display?

No, that wasn't what I meant, Stephen.

What I had understood was that all of the tags one wanted to be able to use
in Koha had to be defined in the MARC tag structure under Parameters, that
any fields not listed there would be lost, so that they would be potentially
displayable, usable behind the scenes at least.