[Koha] Links Koha - MARC DB (2.0.0)

David Everly deckrider at myrealbox.com
Sun Jul 11 01:01:21 NZST 2004

Hello,

I'm a Koha newbie and unfamiliar with MARC (although I am a
believer in using any available standards/practices).

I have made some changes to what installer.pl has given for the
"Links Koha - MARC DB", and thought I should share them with
the group in the hopes that if I was doing something unwise,
someone might warn me:

biblio.unititle was mapped to 246a (Title proper/short title)

However, since 246a is Repeating, I instead mapped
bibliosubtitle.subtitle to 246a (Title proper/short title).
My assumption in doing this was that bibliosubtitle.subtitle is a
repeating field.

Then I found that there was Non Repeating 240 Uniform Title,
so I mapped  biblio.unititle to 240a (Uniform title).

Then I noticed 2 fields that appeared to repeat in the Koha DB which
were not mapped, so I gave them the following mappings:

additionalauthors.author = 700a (Personal name)
bibliosubject.subject = 653a (Uncontrolled term)

Part of the rational for using 653a is that we want to define our own
internal set of "Authorised values" and then force our data entry
volunteers to choose from that set of values.

Thanks,
Dave.

--
Encrypted Mail Preferred: