[Koha] installing issues please help

zero at vtr.net zero at vtr.net
Sat Jul 10 05:59:57 NZST 2004

Hi i'm getting this error once and over. Everything is just set up as described
in the installation guide for Red Hat E3:
ERROR:

 CREATING DATABASE

Creating the MySQL database for Koha...
0

DBI connect('Koha:localhost','kohaadmin',...) failed: Can't connect to local
MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2) at /usr/local/koha/intranet/modules/C4/Context.pm
line 368
connected to your DB. Checking & modifying it
Can't call method "prepare" on an undefined value at scripts/updater/updatedatabase
line 629.
Problem updating database...

I really need help, I'm doing this as root, I have created the password
for the root user in mysql, and I can enter to mysql with it and create
and/or drop databases and all.
Both mysql and apache daemon are running, i have all the perl modules needed.
I mean don't know what is happening. if there would be something else to
do pleae tell what is it!
Should I look at those lines mentioned above?
Ok I'll wait thnx fornow bye.

J0se  -=;(=-