[Koha] Koha's call number vs. our library's call number

Steven F. Baljkas baljkas at mb.sympatico.ca
Fri Jul 9 11:10:51 NZST 2004

Thursday, July 8, 2004    18:08 CDT

Salut Paul,

Quick question re: your note on Stephen Hedge's answer to Hans Henderson:

> Stephen Hedges a écrit :
>
> >I'd recommend you put your call number in biblioitems.classification and
> >not mess with dewey (everything should still work OK).  Use some sort of
> >unique numbering system for barcode.   -- SH
> >
> Note also that in 2.2 you will have a new field "itemcallnumber" that
> you will be able to pre-fill with dewey / loc / nothing.
>
> It's already in CVS & seems to work like a charm

does the new field "itemcallnumber"in 2.2  map to a MARC tag and if so,
which one?

This will be important for exporting (sharing) MARC record information (or,
God forbid, migration).

Steven F. Baljkas
library tech at large
Koha neophyte