[Koha] Re: upgrade from 1.3.2 to 2.0

Philippe Revault ph.revault at free.fr
Sat Jul 3 00:16:45 NZST 2004

>Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2004 15:36:31 -0500
>From: Robert Maynord <maynord at terracom.net>
>To: KOHA <koha at lists.katipo.co.nz>
>Subject: [Koha] upgrade from 1.3.2 to 2.0
>
>Hello Koha Folks!
>
>It is summer, and time for our school KOHA upgrade from 1.3.2 to 2.0!  I
>have 2.0 installed and working on a new machine, and I have left the old
>1.3.2 library machine in place -untouched- until I complete the
>transition - just to be sure the data is safe.  My plan is to save the
>data on the old machine using mysqldump - then transfer it to the new
>machine.

IMH and not expert opinion I would (because I did so with some personnal
datas) install a new  1.2.3 instance (using the sql dump) and run the
upgrade with it.

>I have been promising our librarian an upgrade for a year now -- any
>suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Be really carefull with setting the MARC parameters because the job is
very long and some of your datas may be lost if you don't match
correctly MARC structure and KOHA structure  before you run
updatedb2marc.pl.

When you  finished  setting MARC structure you should save it  (2 tables
: marc_tag_structure and marc_subfield_structure) in order to be able to
start again the all process without suffering once again.

Regards,

Philippe