[Koha] upgrade from 1.3.2 to 2.0

Robert Maynord rmaynord at ihm-school.org
Thu Jul 1 10:37:14 NZST 2004

Paul:

Thank you for your response!  I followed the suggested procedure, and it
went mostly as planned.  However, I came across a few glitches---

    * After installing Koha 2.0, I deleted the tables in the Koha
      database, and imported the data from our old Koha - all went well.
    * I then ran updatedatabase from /scripts/misc/updater -- all went
      well.
    * After using mysqldump to import the MARC parameter tables (it took
      about 10 minutes to complete) I opened Koha to see about modifying
      the MARC tables.  However, there were no default tags listed
      anywhere - even in the pull-down selectors.  So, I checked the
      database -- and there were MARC tables there, along with my
      original data. I was unsure what to modify at this point, so I
      continued to the next step.
    * There was no updatedb2marc.pl script in my /scripts/misc
      directory.  However, there was a koha2marc script.  I assumed this
      was the new name for updatedb2marc.pl, and so I used it. (The
      process took about 10 mins)
    * When I finally ran Koha, the OPAC seemed to work fine,
      searching/finding/and displaying books in our catalogue.
    * However, in the INTRANET, the MARC search has no fields or
      subfields.  Under Parameters, there are no MARC tags for Structure
      or Links.
    * I ran a MARC check, and it says that itemnum, itemtype,
      homebranch, holdingbranch, biblio and biblionumber are not mapped.

As far as I can discern, there are four possible solutions to my
problem: 1) Find updatedb2marc.pl somewhere since it did not come with
my distribution.  2) Use something other than mysqldump for importing
the parameter tables. 3) Perhaps I was supposed to add tags after adding
the MARC parameter tables, and I didn't know how. 4) Perhaps everything
went as it is supposed to, and now I have to find a way to fix the items
that aren't mapped. I have no idea how to do this.

Anyway, this is an update of today's work....

Thanks again!

Robert