[Koha] upgrade from 1.3.2 to 2.0

Robert Maynord maynord at terracom.net
Wed Jun 30 08:36:31 NZST 2004

Hello Koha Folks!

It is summer, and time for our school KOHA upgrade from 1.3.2 to 2.0!  I
have 2.0 installed and working on a new machine, and I have left the old
1.3.2 library machine in place -untouched- until I complete the
transition - just to be sure the data is safe.  My plan is to save the
data on the old machine using mysqldump - then transfer it to the new
machine.

As of my last inquiry about the process of upgrading (August 2003) there
was no script that would completely handle the process.  At that point,
upgrading involved:

    * run update database
    * import MARC parameter tables
    * modify MARC parameter tables
    * run updatedb2marc.pl

Should I still use this process?  Would I start by importing my old
database into mysql?
Are the above commands included with 2.0?  Are there documents available
to help with the upgrade from 1.2.3 to 2.0?

I have been promising our librarian an upgrade for a year now -- any
suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Robert Maynord
Immaculate Heart of Mary School