[Koha] data for testing

Scott Scriven koha-main at toykeeper.net
Sat Jun 26 12:15:51 NZST 2004

* Steven F. Baljkas <baljkas at mb.sympatico.ca> wrote:
> I am currently compiling some test data for a demonstration for
> Anne Z. of the listserv.
>
> If you can wait a bit, when I am done the first batch of ca.
> 100 (sometimes this weekend), I can arrange with you and
> forward them to you as well.

That sounds helpful.  I'd like a copy, whenever you're ready.
BTW, how much data is it?  I'm hoping to populate the database
with at least 50,000 items, so I may end up web-sucking the
library of congress or doing something similar.

> These are bibliographic records, BTW, not circ records or
> clients. I don't actually remember anyone ever talking about
> test data for those and I have been a fairly good follower of
> the listserv for over 2 years now.

I'm hitting up local libraries for data too, but they are
(understandably) reluctant to share that sort of data.  I think
I'll probably just generate it, though it may be difficult to
make it accurately reflect real usage that way.

My overall goal is to get libraries in my area to use open-source
software, for various practical and financial benefits.  But
first, I need to demonstrate that it works.  :)

-- Scott