[Koha] Sirsi Unicorn migration

Ailish Farragher ailish at farragher.net
Thu Jun 17 23:13:15 NZST 2004

Hi there,
I'm a librarian from Ireland, currently working in a government library. We're looking at alternatives to a forced server migration from our current library software vendor, Sirsi. Whereas I'm sure that Koha will not be accepted as a solution (too radical, we're civil servants!) I'd like to present it as an option.

My question is has anyone transferred data from a Sirsi Unicorn system into Koha? If so, was there much corruption or loss of data? I understand that mass dump of MARC records is on its way so am guessing that this may not have been done with Koha before.

In case anyone remembers me from my yearly mails, I've not yet managed to get techie to create a Koha installation for our still-waiting-planning-permission eco-village. Someday, I'm just going to learn Perl.
Regards,
Ailish