[Koha] No dewey numbers migrating from Follett

Steven F. Baljkas baljkas at mb.sympatico.ca
Wed Jun 9 17:39:19 NZST 2004

Wednesday, June 9, 2004    00:20 CDT

Hi, Mike,

Have you tried checking out Stephen Hedges' excellent resource on migration to Koha at
URL http://www.skemotah.com/Migrating_to_Koha.html  ? Perhaps the answer has been given there?

The info I have on Follett (from Cibbarelli's Directory of Library Automation Software, Systems, and Services, 2000-2001 ed.) indicates that Alliance Plus, Catalog Plus and Circulation Plus all afford full-MARC export. Have you tried/Can you try exporting full-MARC records first?

Wasn't the question on getting the Dewey information into the right field for display answered recently? Maybe you could check the archives searching messages with the subject "Koha questions on MARC setup" where Harvey Lee, Stephen Hedges and Paul Poulain fielded some issues. Perhaps your solution will lie therein, Mike.

Let us all know how this works out, as many libraries do use Follett products and this could have significant impact for Koha.

Cheers,
Steven F. Baljkas
library tech at large
Koha neophyte