[Koha] Newbie question

Chris Cormack chris at katipo.co.nz
Mon May 24 11:28:35 NZST 2004

On Sun, May 23, 2004 at 07:06:35PM -0400, Maggie said:
> Hi,
> We are testing Koha in our library, and planning set it as our library system, but results that our main manager doesn't like MARC structure, the way it works, and all that. So, my question is; if is realy necesary work with MARC.
> I haven't give it a full look on it.
>
> We all want to make things easy.

Hi Maggie

The answer is yes, you can make the MARC side hide behind the scenes.
If you go to administration/parameters, then to system preferences.
And where it says MARC, if you switch that too off.
MARC will then work in the background, but you wont see it anymore.
This is how quite a few libraries use Koha.

Chris
027 4500 789                                       Katipo Communications Ltd
chris at katipo.co.nz                                          www.katipo.co.nz