[Koha] Daemon

MJ Ray mjr at dsl.pipex.com
Sat May 8 11:54:55 NZST 2004

On 2004-05-07 09:13:19 +0100 Roger Horne <roger at hrothgar.co.uk> wrote:

> This applies in particular to the z* daemon. I have changed the
> permissions
> of those files to wwwrun and www (user and group used by Apache2).

This shouldn't be needed. The user/group used are controlled by the
config file in that dir, assuming it is launched by root. Some of them
are scripts and need to be +x, but they are easy to spot because they
have #! on the first line.

Does anything appear in the log files to suggest the daemon is
failing? Can you see its perl process running on ps -axf? Is anything
interesting happening in the z3950* tables in mysql when you try to do
a search?

--
MJR/slef
My Opinion Only and possibly not of any group I know.