[Koha] uninstalling

MJ Ray mjr at dsl.pipex.com
Wed Apr 14 11:05:54 NZST 2004

On 2004-04-12 10:49:25 +0100 Roger Horne <roger at hrothgar.co.uk> wrote:

> The installer script did not like Apache2 in two respects.

It works fine with apache2 for me, but I guess that's to be expected.
What fun would a bug be if the maintainer could reproduce it?

> First it seemed
> to treat the Apache user (which is Suse 9 is wwwrun) and group (which
> is
> www) as being the same.

This is a bug for apache 1.3 too. I'll hunt and kill it.

> So an eror message came up to the effect chown
> wwwrun:wwwrun failed. The second is that it does not recognise the
> fact that
> people may want to use name-based virtual hosts.

I don't understand what you mean by that. Can you explain what you
think it should do, please?

I use name-based virtual hosts myself. All it took on the simplest
machine was symlinking /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/koha to the
koha-httpd.conf (debian directory-based vhost config). The installer
doesn't handle many complicated cases, but we could go happily insane
before we get them all.

http://mjr.towers.org.uk/ gopher://g.towers.org.uk/ slef at jabber.at