[Koha] Data being stored in incorrect fields

Michael Watson thornswabbler at earthlink.net
Sun Mar 7 12:03:43 NZDT 2004

Greetings,

I have just begun experimenting with Koha (version 2.0.0RC4.) I'm hoping to do
a poster session on it at the next South Central Chapter/Medical Library
Association in October.

I've encountered something odd. It may be that I'm simply entering data
incorrectly, or perhaps I missed some detail of configuration.

I've entered data for one new biblio. What I am finding is that most of the
data I enter seems to be getting stored in the wrong field.

* LCCN is appropriately stored as 010
* ISBN is appropriately stored as 020
* However, Year of publication (260) is being stored as title (245)
* Main Entry--Personal Name (100 | a) is being stored as 100 | d,
  "dates associated with a name"
* 245 (title statement) is being stored as 100 | c "Titles and other
  words associated with a name"
* 650 "Subject added entry" is being stored as 260 | c
  "publication, distribution etc."

I didn't spot any description of this sort of problem in the list archives,
but maybe I'm missing something. Is this a known problem? Or can anyone
suggest what I might be doing wrong?

Many thanks,

Mike Watson
thornswabbler at earthlink.net