[Koha] Z3950 Queries Failing.....

Stephen Hedges shedges at skemotah.com
Sun Mar 7 01:48:16 NZDT 2004

Erwin said:
> Hello, the CS department at my University is trying to set up a library
> system to catalogue our books, and have had problems getting the z3950
> client to get book information from the library of congress.  We're using
> koha version 1.2.3

Are you sure you want to be running version 1.2.3?  Z39.50 searches on the
Library of Congress are designed to return MARC records, and that version
of Koha does not support MARC.  I'd suggest trying the latest release of
version 2.0.0, which has seen quite a lot of improvement in the z3950 code
in the last few weeks.

--
Stephen Hedges
Skemotah Solutions, USA