[Koha] Upcoming OSS Library Automation Systems presentation

Edward M. Corrado ecorrado at athena.rider.edu
Tue Feb 24 10:07:25 NZDT 2004

I have been asked to do a presentation about Open Source Library
Automation systems at the New Jersey (USA) Library Association meeting in
April. I've been playing around with a few systems (so far Koha seems
the most developed, so I'll probably spend a good deal of the time on
Koha). If anyone who has done such a presentation (either on OSS Library
Automation Systems in general, or Koha in particular), and has some ideas
on what to include, I'd appreciate it. I imagine most of the attendees
will not be very technologically literate. I saw some slides and other
materials on the website that has given me some guidelines but a little
more advice can't really hurt. In particular, if there are any common
questions that have been asked from the audience, or if other things came
up that you didn't expect that you thought you should have covered.

I'm also doing one just on Koha for our LUG that will be geared to
people who don't really know much about working with Library systems next
month, so any ideas for that will also be appreciated although I think
I've got a good idea on how I want to go with that.

Edward Corrado