[Koha] Marc <-> Koha db mappings

paul POULAIN paul.poulain at free.fr
Tue Feb 17 21:17:45 NZDT 2004

Steven F. Baljkas wrote:

>Monday, February 16, 2004     19:35 CST
>
>Hi, Ben,
>
>>From what we've heard before, what you are proposing should work. Somebody
>from the programming side should probably confirm that.
>
>I've never understood exactly what happens if, say, you had both a 110 and a
>711 (or 111 and 710). In such a case are both pieces of information held in
>the same biblio.author field? Delimited somehow internally? Maybe one of the
>savvy folk  could explain that for non-developpers.

[UNTESTED]
I'm really a great developper... I may have include a nice feature
without planning it ;-) ...
I've take a look at C4/Biblio.pm :
* I'm 95% sure it won't hurt anything.
* And it MAY works (again : untested...)
The entries in the non MARC-DB will be separated by a |
The subs concerned are :
MARCmarc2koha and MARCmarc2kohaOneField

NOTE : the koha2marclinks.pl script WILL keep ONLY the last one (99%
sure) So the mapping MUST be done with marcsubfieldstructure.pl

If someone want to give a try... (adding & modifying a biblio)

Let me know if it works...

--
Paul POULAIN