[Koha] MARC records again!

ablackie at mailer.fsu.edu ablackie at mailer.fsu.edu
Thu Feb 5 10:41:14 NZDT 2004

Hello,

Staying in the subject of Koha and MARC, I currently have some records in
a Koha 1.2.2. database.  I hear that importing bulk MARC records in to
that is not a beautiful thing.  A decision has been made to then
upgrade/fresh install Koha 2.0, then do a bulk MARC import into the
2.0.

My questions are:

1 - Is there any possible way to export those records in the 1.2.2
database into the 2.0?  I have asked this before but I'm thinking a
little differently now.  If I can export what is in Koha 1.2.2 as MARC
(or something that will allow me to use another tool in order to convert
it to MARC), then import those MARCs into 2.0, along with the other MARCs
that I already have, that will be a solution.

2 - Once I get to transfer all of the files from 1.2.2 (gotta think
positive), and add the bulk of MARC records that I have, I will then need
to export ALL of the records from 2.0 to MARC (or something that will
allow me to use another tool... same as above).  Is this possible in 2.0?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Anthony