[Koha] marc records...

Stephen Hedges shedges at skemotah.com
Sat Jan 31 00:56:02 NZDT 2004

ablackie at mailer.fsu.edu said:
> Hello all,
>
> Could someone kindly tell us what to do to uplaod bulk marc records? We
> have tried doing it but it did not give the following information:
>                                                    Itemtype
>                                                    Class
>                                                    Location
>                                                    Date due
>                                                    last Seen
>                                                    Barcode
>
> We are using version 1.2.2, what do we do to upgrade?
>
> Thanks for your kind support,
>
> Anthony

You defintely must upgrade to version 2.0.0 before you can do anything
with MARC records.  As mjr said earlier (1-19) in reply to your previous
message, the upgrade from version 1.2.2 may not work.  I'm not sure if
anyone has tested it from 2.0.0RC3, so you may have to do a completely
fresh install.

Once you have version 2, there is a script in the misc folder called
bulkmarcimport.pl that will import batches of MARC records from a MARC
communications format file (iso2709).  Make sure you start by mapping the
appropriate MARC tags to the fields you listed above.

--
Stephen Hedges
Skemotah Solutions, USA
www.skemotah.com  --  shedges at skemotah.com