[Koha] Problems with Z3950 search

paul POULAIN paul.poulain at free.fr
Wed Jan 28 21:19:56 NZDT 2004

dmoses2 at uwo.ca wrote:

>Thanks Paul:
>
>I've checked the items you suggested. And as far as I know all appears to be
>set correctly.
>- I am doing an ISBN search.
>- as far as I know the fields are linked.
>- I've checked my marc_breeding table and it has the correct field.
>
>Hey ... I've just got it working ...
>Oh my god.... The ISBN number has to be entering in the ISBN field of the
>addbiblio.pl page as well.

:-)

>That is foolish ... the ISBN is carried in the url, why doesn't it get dumped
>to the form. I'm going to rewrite it so the value get passed into the form too.
>I bet that's the problem that the other folks are having too.
>Thanks for all the help Paul. I feel REALLY stupid.

You're not stupid. I agree it's really poor not to carry ISBN to the
addbiblio.pl screen too.
But it's really a pain to do, as Koha support any MARC flavour, and
ISBN/title/author is NOT in the same field/subfield in every MARC flavour.
So we had to find in which subfield the ISBN/title/author is hidden...

for T. Kotula :

> DBD::mysql::st execute failed: MySQL server has gone away at
> /usr/local/koha/intranet/scripts/z3950daemon/processz3950queue line 136.

No, I don't know why this happends. I sometimes (rarely) had this
problem, and haven't found a solution yet.

--
Paul POULAIN