[Koha] Help with item locations

Chris Cormack chris at katipo.co.nz
Fri Jan 23 09:35:59 NZDT 2004

On Thu, Jan 22, 2004 at 12:13:37PM -0800, Chris Hobbs said:
[SNIP]

> However, I discovered when I tried to link 852c to the biblioitems.dewey
> Koha field (in the hopes that the location would show up in the OPAC
> view of the biblio), that the dewey field is a number, not a text field,
> so they are all being converted to 0.0000.
>
> Any suggestions on how best to resolve this?

Hi Chris

Work on fixing the call number situations, so multiple call number schemes
can be used is being done for koha 2.2.
But for now, if you jump into the database using the mysql tools and alter
the table biblioitems, to make the dewey column a varchar.
That should stop things being converted to 0.000

so
alter table biblioitems change dewey dewey varchar(50);

Oughta do it.

WARNING back up the database first :-)

Chris
027 4500 789                                       Katipo Communications Ltd
chris at katipo.co.nz                                          www.katipo.co.nz