[Koha] Kohas Z39.50 Server - re UNIMARC

Joshua Ferraro jmf at kados.org
Mon Jan 12 05:30:30 NZDT 2004

Thanks to Steven for clearing up the leader question.  I should mention that
I am willing to volunteer to build a UNIMARC version of the Z3950 Server
but in order to do that I will need access to a UNIMARC Koha installation.
If anyone has a test box runing UNIMARC that I can use please let me know.

Thanks,

--
Joshua Ferraro

> Friday, January 9, 2004     18:20 CST
>
> Hi, Joshua. et al.
>
> Just a quick reply re your parenthetic point for Paul, to wit,
>
>>(BTW, Paul, you said to remind you to commit this change to CVS; I'm
>> not sure but I wouldn't be surprised if UNIMARC's leaders were a bit
>> different, so maybe we should hold off on that [snip])
>
> my reading of the UNIMARC standards (cf. URL
> 		 <http://www.ifla.org/VI/3/p1996-1/concise.htm>)
> indicates that the Leader and Directory have the same structure as MARC21
> (and for that matter, USMARC and CANMARC).
Thanks, that clears things up.