[Koha] Library of Congress call number

Chris Cormack chris at katipo.co.nz
Fri Jan 9 09:05:30 NZDT 2004

On Thu, Jan 08, 2004 at 02:39:29PM -0500, dmoses2 at uwo.ca said:
> Hello:
> I'm am new to the list and Koha. I'm a MLIS student and I'll be testing and
> implementing Koha this semester for an independent study course. Could you add
> a field (eg. lcnumber ) to the BIBLIOITEMS table yourself and link the related
> MARC field in the MARC_SUBFIELD_TABLE to it? Then modify the templates to
> display the field?

You sure could. Thats probably how Id do it.

> Or is this accomplished already with the biblionumber and
> biblioitemnumber fields in BIBLIOITEMS? They reference the MARC 090 field
> (local call number) and the c and d subfields respectively (I've never seen
> those myself ... only a and b subfields).

Nope the local call number is koha's internal numbering system. So I think
your previous suggestion would be the way to do it.
If you have the skills/desire to give it a try and see if it works, that
would be fantastic ;-)

Chris

027 4500 789                                       Katipo Communications Ltd
chris at katipo.co.nz                                          www.katipo.co.nz