[Koha] Learning about z3950 and Lib Congress?

MJ Ray mjr at dsl.pipex.com
Wed Dec 3 22:21:41 NZDT 2003

On 2003-12-02 10:41:01 +0000 David Bucknell
<david at members.iteachnet.org> wrote:

> Could someone please direct me to a starting point for learning how
> to use
> these two tools: z39.50 and the Library of Congress search tool?

I think that the wiki at http://www.koha.org/wiki has background
information on z39.50, but I'm not sure what LoC search tool you are
referring to.

A word of caution for other sysadmins: I have had problems with koha's
z39.50 daemon retrying a failed connection every 6 seconds, leading to
a rather unhappy email from the z39.50 server administrator. I'll take
a look at fixing that when I get a round tuit.

http://mjr.towers.org.uk/ gopher://g.towers.org.uk/ slef at jabber.at