[Koha] Fines on Koha2.0.0-pre5-W32-R2

Chris Cormack chris at katipo.co.nz
Tue Nov 18 09:43:39 NZDT 2003

On Sat, Nov 22, 2003 at 11:33:51PM -0500, JAVIER RICARDO MEJIA C. said:
> Hi i?m testing the Koha2.0.0-pre5-W32-R2 and in the release notes said that in this version i can manage fines when the book is returned too late, but i can?t make these... somebody helpme to configure the system that they say me the user has a fines and the system show the bill in the FINES & CHARGES seccion.

Hi Javier

There is a script called fines2.pl that calculates the fines for overdue
items.
It uses the categoryitems table to gather information about wht fines should
be added and how much they should be.
This script should run nightly.
Under *nix the way to do this is to set up a cron job to run it. Im not sure
how you would do it under windows.

Chris
027 4500 789                                       Katipo Communications Ltd
chris at katipo.co.nz                                          www.katipo.co.nz