[Koha] Modifying Koha interface and fucntionality.

Roger Horne roger at hrothgar.co.uk
Tue Oct 21 21:45:27 NZDT 2003

On Mon 20 Oct, MJ Ray wrote:

> I think this might be MARC21 field 852 too.  Why not put it there?

But try doing so from Koha. If you click on "add biblio" you will get a
screen which actually lists that field, but there seems to be no way from
the subscreen to actually add a shelf: the default details are things like
price.

I would like to suggest that those about to release the next version should
try installing a new system from scratch without any existing data. There
must be thousands of people who will try Koha out with just one member and
one book to see how it works. I did not find it easy (RH9, Perl 5.8.1,
Konqueror).

Oh, and can I suggest a very simple chane to the installer: put the MySQL
Password into a loop. Does anyone remember all their passwords? Entering the
wrong one in this field and finding the installer dies is a bit annoying
(since many files will have been installed, which tends to cause
difficulties with the next attempt). Adding "Wrong, try again" would make
things much easier.

Roger
--
Roger Horne, 11 New Square, Lincoln's Inn, London WC2A 3QB
mailto:roger at hrothgar.co.uk
http://www.hrothgar.co.uk/YAWS/