[Koha] Adding items on Koha

Rachel Hamilton-Williams rachel at katipo.co.nz
Tue Oct 21 16:21:25 NZDT 2003

HI

> We are currently running Koha 1.2.3.

Thank you for saying which version you're runing it's really helpful :-)

> The following issue keeps arising. We have many biblio records that dont
> have ISBN's and we would like to append items to these records.

Hmm so you have the biblio's in the database, but they don't have items
attached?

I know in the later versions we added in the ability to search by title as well
as ISBN - 1.9.4 I believe has that.  I'm not sure if that is helpful or not.

> When we try to add items in Acquisitions the only way seems to be through
> finding the record with an ISBN number. As these records dont have an ISBN it
> appears that this is not possible. The only way around the issue (it appears) is
> to add a 'dummy' ISBN and then proceed through acquisitions.

You could switch to full acquisistions within 1.2.3 which should give you the
option to search by title,
as well as ISBN I think.

Cheers

Rachel Hamilton-Williams             Katipo Communications
WEBMISTRESS                          ph  021 389 128 or +64 04 934 1285
mailto:rachel at katipo.co.nz           PO Box 12487, Wellington
http://www.katipo.co.nz              New Zealand
Koha Open Source Library System
http://www.koha.org