[Koha] z3950 searches failures

MJ Ray mjr at dsl.pipex.com
Mon Oct 20 22:56:32 NZDT 2003

On 2003-10-19 13:00:35 +0100 Matthew Malthouse
<matthew.malthouse at ntlworld.com> wrote:

> First, looking through the archives I see a suggestion that a list of
> publicly available might be complied.  Has this happened?  If so a
> pointer
> would be gratefully received.

Others already do, like
http://www.ukoln.ac.uk/distributed-systems/zdir/

> I can't see what value is "undefined".  Can anyone suggest something?

Probably $conn, which I think would mean the connection failed.
Another variable, $noconnection, seems to be used to indicate no
connection, though.  I really am going to take some heavy tools to the
z3950 subsystem very soon if I can't make them work reliably.  I get
similar problems to this, but also blank results from searches that
work from simple perl Net::Z3950 scripts.  I will debug this further
later today.

http://mjr.towers.org.uk/ gopher://g.towers.org.uk/ slef at jabber.at