[Koha] Modifying Koha interface and fucntionality.

Rachel Hamilton-Williams rachel at katipo.co.nz
Mon Oct 20 14:25:52 NZDT 2003

Hi Mathew

Welcome to the list, and we look forward to your adventures with Koha :-)

> In principal html, perl and sql should allow modification of the interface and
> functionality very easily however my skills are not up to doing that cold.  Does
> anyone have any howtos or recipies for useful changes?

Hmm - the main one would be that you  change the include files  to change the
look of the main menu - which really changes the look of the pages, and the
change the CSS I guess.

Otherwise there should be a .tmpl file for each .pl script - they should have
the same name I think, and while they look confusing, if you get in a quiet
place, and have an hour or two, you get the hang of them pretty fast I think.

Just don't change anything you don't understand :-)

> What I'd particularly like to do is have an "Add to bookshelf..." facility at
> some point in the acquisitions process; either a text entry field or a drop down
> of already defined bookshelves.  Entering all the books and then returning to
> input ISBN's into the bookshelf entry form is going to be too tedious yet the
> bookshelves would appear to be the most useful feature for my anticipated
> browsing.  If this already exists and I've missed it feel free to point out how
> stupid I am.  :-)

Nope I don't think it exists - the bookshelf function hasn't been integrated
into Acquisitions but it's an excellent idea.

I assume you might need to change the template, but also do a bit of script for
it as well?

You might want to join the devlopers mailing list to get some practical "how
to" help

Cheers
Rachel