[Koha] Data Conversion

Stephen Hedges shedges at skemotah.com
Thu Oct 2 23:18:49 NZST 2003

baljkas at mb.sympatico.ca said:

> As I have posted to the listserv several times, there is a VERY NEAT and
> FREE program available off of the Library of Congress MARC ... Tools page
> at
>     URL <http://www.loc.gov/marc/marctools.html#recordtools>
> called MARCEdit. You will also need to download the free tools MARCMakr
> (and MARCBreaker) from the same page.
>
> The part that addresses your specific sit' reads: "[...] the MarcEdit
> Delimited Text Translator provides users with a simple method for mapping
> delimited files into MARC."

I have not used this tool (because it *really* requires Windows, won't
work on anything else), but from the description it sounds like you would
still need to know some basic MARC, like tag 245 subfield a is the place
for the title, in order to use the Delimited Text Translator.  Or does it
have enough help to walk the users through the MARC stuff?

--
Stephen Hedges
Skemotah Solutions, USA
www.skemotah.com  --  shedges at skemotah.com