[Koha] 090 Fields [good news :-)]

Greg Lambert/Amigos lambert at amigos.org
Sat Sep 20 01:52:51 NZST 2003

Thanks Paul....

Is there specific instructions on how to make this change without causing
something else to break?  Say I want to move the Koha fields into the 930
field....  how would I do that?

Thanks,
Greg

Greg Lambert, JD, MLIS
Project Manager
Amigos Library Services, Inc.
5000 Gulf FWY
Building 9 - Univ. Business Park
Houston, Texas 77023-4600
713/923-2373 x225 office
877/707-1577 toll-free
713/923-2192 fax
281/433-9145 cell
lambert at amigos.org
http://www.amigos.org

|         |           paul POULAIN     |
|         |           <paul.poulain at fre|
|         |           e.fr>            |
|         |           09/19/2003 02:34 |
  |       To:       Greg Lambert/Amigos <lambert at amigos.org>                                                                     |
  |       cc:       koha at lists.katipo.co.nz                                                                                      |
  |       Subject:  Re: [Koha] 090 Fields [good news :-)]                                                                        |

I all,

I've read the mail on this thread rapidly.

I just wanted to explain something :
To support any MARC flavour, NO MARC TAG/SUBFIELDS ARE HARDCODED into Koha.
So, you can move the koha fields that are mapped to 090 in the default
configuration to ANYTHING YOU WANT.
There is only 2 constraints :
* The 2 koha fields MUST be in the same MARC tag.
* No other subfield can be defined in this tag. It's only for koha
internal use.

I hope this is a good news for you, and hope you'll like more and more
how Koha was designed :-)
(Koha MARC DB design is @ Paul, Steve and Serguey iirc. You can see some
benchmarks history in /marc/ directory of cvs)

--
Paul POULAIN