[Koha] Koha announcement

Stephen Hedges shedges at athenscounty.lib.oh.us
Tue Aug 19 23:07:06 NZST 2003

You've read about it in Library Journal
(http://libraryjournal.reviewsnews.com/index.asp?layout=article&articleId=CA3151
85) -- now see the real thing!

The Nelsonville Public Library is proud to announce the deployment of the MARC-
compatible version of Koha, "the first open source integrated library system"
(http://www.koha.org).  Although we're still debugging some parts of the
program (particularly some Internet Explorer 6 issues), you can see the OPAC at
http://koha.athenscounty.lib.oh.us -- and of course, we'd be glad to
demonstrate the staff interface to anyone who wants to stop by one of our
libraries.

While we will probably never be "finished" with tweaking Koha (and isn't that
the whole point in using open source software?), we're pleased with the general
performance and capabilities.  For those with questions about the process of
migrating to Koha, we hope to put up a wiki at some point in the not-too-
distant future dealing with that subject.

Meanwhile, you can help.  If you're using a browser other than IE6 or the the
old Netscape 4 and you see something that doesn't look right, please e-mail
Owen at oleonard at athenscounty.lib.oh.us

Stephen Hedges
Director, Nelsonville Public Library
95 W. Washington St., Nels.,OH 45764