[Koha] Migration to 2.0 betas going smoothly?

paul POULAIN paul.poulain at free.fr
Thu Aug 7 22:03:16 NZST 2003

MJ Ray wrote:

>Ben Ostrowsky <sylvar at vaxer.net> wrote:
>

>>If I decide not to wait until 2.0-STABLE, and install Koha 1.x now, how
>>much hassle am I in for when I upgrade to 2.0?
>>

>I think that we'll try to make it as hassle-free as we can and try to work
>with you to smooth out any bumps.  Upgrading is not yet supported, but I
>think it needs to be there before we start making "Release Candidate"
>versions.  The work to do it is underway, although after a week away I've
>forgotten exactly what work it was for now... ;-)
>
>With a little trickery, 1.x and 2.0pre2 or later may be installable
>alongside each other, by setting some variables before running the
>2.x installer, at least on *n*x systems.  I'm not sure if there are
>other version problems (perl modules etc) that will stop that working.
>Is anyone doing it?

nobody for instance. It should be katipo imho, as they are the most
concerned. I have no libraries with 1.2, so i can't provide working
migration scripts.
however, the method would be :
* run updatedatabase
* import MARC parameters table
* modify MARC parameters tables to fit your needs.
* run $koharoot/marc/updatedb2marc.pl script. This script is UNTESTED.
It should work in theory. but that's all. It fills MARC tables from
non-MARC (1.2 tables)

--
Paul POULAIN