[Koha] import question

Derek Dresser Derek.Dresser at gouldacademy.org
Wed Jul 9 07:37:51 NZST 2003

hello,

I am working on setting up 2.0.0pre1.  It installs fine and I am using the
bulkmarcimport.pl script to import ~8,000 biblios in USMARC format from our
old Winnebago system.  So far so good.  They seem to import fine.  I can
query the database and see the data.

Now I seem to have 8,000 biblios, but no items.  It seems that a biblio is a
description of a possible book, but I actually need some items in my catalog
to be able to check them in and out.  Is this correct.  Can someone give a
brief explanation of the difference between a biblio, biblioitem, and item
in the database and give me an idea of how I can actually convert those
8,000 biblios to books?

Sorry, I'm a computer guy, not a library scientist.... but I'm learning ;-)

Thanks in advance,
Derek

--
Derek Dresser