[Koha] Koha z39.50 client (2.0.0-pre1)

paul POULAIN paul.poulain at free.fr
Fri Jun 27 20:22:47 NZST 2003

Thien Ho wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I've just installed Koha 2.0.0-pre1 to try z39.50 search. I did not find
>any place to specify a search term as well as z39.50 server. I did the
>following for a z39.50 search:
> - Run z3950-daemon-launch.sh
> - Go to Intranet site
> - Go to Acquisition page
> - Click the link "Add biblio without ISBN/ISSN"
> - Click the link "z3950 search"
>Now a window poppep up with the message  'Still ?? requests to go'...
>It does not seem to search any z39.50 server, even Library of Congress
>z39.50 server (the one listed in tables z3950servers).
>
>Am I missing something? What does the current z39.50 client do? Does it
>actually search a z39.50 server?

The search can be done on ISBN/author/title.
Just enter one of them in the MARC editor BEFORE clicking the link.

Note : it works only if isbn/author/title fields are mapped in
parameters / MARC parameters.
Note2 : to see what the daemon does, you can type in a console
z3950processqueue instead of daemon-launch. The processqueue does the
"true" search, and is launched by daemon-launch. processqueue reports
all what he does.

--
Paul POULAIN