[Koha] Translating KOHA

Pat Eyler pate at eylerfamily.org
Tue Jun 24 04:49:01 NZST 2003

On Mon, 23 Jun 2003, Christian Hennecke wrote:

Guten Tag Christian,

> I'm currently setting up KOHA for the centre for further training at my
> university and for the staff to be able to feed the database, I have to
> translate at least parts of the interface to German. What is the
> recommended way to translate KOHA? Are there any "tools" available?

There is a project being done at ESIEE to help with translations.
Hopefully this will provide some amount of help.  There is also a german
language mailing list (Cc:ed on this email), where the work of German
translation can be coordinated.

> In the mailing list archive I read about a previous effort to translate
> KOHA to German, but I couldn't find any related packages. Has it been
> cancelled?

It has slowed, but it has certainly not been cancelled.  Hopefully you can
get better information directly from the koha at de.koha.org list.  If you'd
like to subscribe directly, please send an email to
koha-subscribe at de.koha.org and follow the directions you get in reply.

thanks,
-pate