[Koha] How to enter item types?

Rachel Hamilton-Williams rachel at katipo.co.nz
Wed Jun 4 09:26:40 NZST 2003

Hi Kevin

> I just installed koha. When I tried to enter some books, I found the
> item type drop down list is empty. How do I enter the item type
> information. Can I use the item type to differentiate reference books
> from borrow books? If not, how do I do that?

Which version of Koha are you running?

If it is 1.9.3 then you need to go to the paramaters section, and the first
thing is "system Parameters" and "Item Types"

Click on that link and you can add new item types.

If you are running 1.2.3 I don't think you have the same tools available

Hope that helps

Cheers

Rachel Hamilton-Williams             Katipo Communications
WEBMISTRESS                          ph  021 389 128 or +64 04 934 1285
mailto:rachel at katipo.co.nz           PO Box 12487, Wellington
http://www.katipo.co.nz              New Zealand
Koha Open Source Library System
http://www.koha.org