[Koha] installation question

Mike Hansen mwhansen at hmc.edu
Thu May 29 09:27:41 NZST 2003

Hey Jian,

	First of all, I would like to say that I do not know all of the nuances
of all the requirements.  That said, I think that it would be rather
difficult (if not impossible) to do a full install just as a regular
user.  Depending on how much experience you have with Linux (or Unix)
systems, this could become even harder.  The strictly Koha stuff (i.e.
the files that we have on SourceForge) should no present any problems
being installed in a user directory.  The hardest part will be getting
the Apache and MySQL stuff set up if you do not have a root account.
	I really think the best way to play around with Koha would be to either
use the "Test Drive" installation at http://www.koha.org/drive or to put
Linux on a machine that you have and then install it on that machine.

Mike

--
Mike Hansen
Waterloo, IA