donated code (was: [Koha] Barcode scanner - ...)

Pat Eyler pate at eylerfamily.org
Fri May 16 02:49:36 NZST 2003

On Fri, 16 May 2003, Waylon Robertson wrote:

> P.S. Would anyone be interested in perl code that creates a form letter
> for an individual, for overdue books? I.e, the overdue.pl says X
> borrower has 3 books overdue. You click alongside one, and it
> pops up with a letter with their current address, city, email, the
> current date, "You have these books overdue:" and underneath that, has
> the book name, author and due date for each.. then, at the
> end says "You will incurr a fine of " <overdue fine> "for each day
> these books are overdue.
> Ive done this code.. so if anyones interested.. i might analysis the new template system, and see if i can create it.

Yes, this kind of code would be very nice to distribute either with Koha
(starting in the 2.0.1 world) or as part of a "contributed code" set.  If
you'd like to email it to me (or one of the other developers), we'll
happily drop it into the right place for everyone to be able to get it.
As an added bonus, we'll even make sure your name gets into the "Credits"
section of the manual (with your library's name too, if you'd like).

thanks,
-pate