[Koha] Codabar barcode number/image generator

Ben Ostrowsky ostrowb at tblc.org
Thu May 15 10:43:57 NZST 2003

Hi folks --

will make 1-30 barcodes at a time, given the 5-digit prefix and what follows it.

http://bernie.tblc.org/~ostrowb/barcodes.html

It uses Codabar, which is what we're using at our Dynix library.  If any
particular symbology would be especially helpful, let me know and I'm sure I can
make that available.

Would this be useful as a part of Koha's staff functions?  Obviously you'd have
to do something to get these onto labels, but you could at least insert the
images into a word-processor document with a label template...

If it's useful, I'd recommend adding some sanity checks to drawbarcode.pl like
the ones in makebarcodes.pl -- a referer check, at the very least.  And I should
probably have an option to calculate the next barcode just by scanning in the
last barcode.

Ben