[Koha] Fill a koha installation with very partial data...

Marco Gaiarin gaio at sv.lnf.it
Thu May 8 00:27:56 NZST 2003

> This data was managed with a simple db (microsoft works), and contain
> rather minimal data, like:

> 1) title
> 2) author
> 3) publisher
> 4) the series title (first volume, second volume, ...)
> 5) a field that can be considered like an item type
> 6) the ``location'', that i think i can consider like a branches

Ok, i've digged a bit in koha data schema (1.2.X), say me if i'm right.

AFAIK, i've to fill:

itemtypes table with all type of items in field 5)
branches tables with all location/branches in field 6)
biblio table: fill author, title, seriestitle respectively with field
2, 1, 4.
biblioitems table with correct reference of biblio table ;), and fill
the field publishercode with the field 3), and itemtype with field 5,
or at least a reference to code choosen for field 5.
items table with correct reference to biblio and biblioitems tables,
and homebranch and holdingbranch filled with field 6 as previous.

This could work?! Thanks.

--
dott. Marco Gaiarin				    GNUPG Key ID: 240A3D66
  Associazione ``La Nostra Famiglia''                http://www.sv.lnf.it/

		Osservatorio sulle sporche menzogne di guerra
		    http://www.peacelink.it/mediawatch/