[Koha] Intranet Security

Chris Cormack chris at katipo.co.nz
Sat Apr 19 14:55:18 NZST 2003

On Fri, Apr 18, 2003 at 08:34:24PM -0400, Joshua Ferraro said:
> I have been thinking about the current intranet security setup whereby any staff member can access any part of the intranet.  Is this the policy in the libraries that are currently using Koha?  It may be important to some of the larger systems (where more than a dozen people are using the intranet) to increase the levels of password protection.  My concern is less of a control issues and more of an "oops I just deleted our main branch" issue.  Even adding one more layer by seperating the admin from the normal staff functions might be useful.  Even better, maybe users could be added and given "permission" to access parts of the intranet.  What does everyone think?
> Joshua

Hi Joshua

We already have something like this implemented.
Users (be they members or staff) have a set of flags set that regulate what
they can and cant do in koha.

Currently this is the set of perimission available
http://hlt.katipo.co.nz/cgi-bin/koha/member-flags.pl?member=12739

Its pretty simple to extend that more though.

Hope this helps

Chris

027 4500 789                                       Katipo Communications Ltd
chris at katipo.co.nz                                          www.katipo.co.nz