[Koha] MARC Bulk Koha Import Perl

paul POULAIN paul.poulain at free.fr
Thu Mar 20 20:43:40 NZST 2003

Mike Hansen wrote:

>For your second question, I am not sure on the status of bulkmarcimport.pl, but in theory it should do what you want it to do.  I know there are people who are more knowledgable with this than I.  Anyone want to help me out?

For the 1.9.1/2.0 versions, bulkmarcimport is COMPLETLY out of date. It
must be rewritten.
If you want to begin this, take a look at C4::Biblio.pm
It  contains many interesting features.
The NEWnewbiblio and NEWnewitem subs should help if you want to add MARC
data and already have correct MARC parameter tables.

imho, the most complex part of a bulkmarcimport is to separate biblio
and items : in a MARC record, there can be 1 biblio and X items. You
MUST split them and call 1 x NEWnewbiblio and X x NEWnewitem.

Hope this helps.

--
Paul POULAIN